Winchester teachers are deeply committed to the success of every child. Teachers provide the stable, nurturing and inspiring environment that makes it possible to reach each student individually.
This year, the Winchester Teachers’ Association (WTA) worked collaboratively with the Winchester School Board over a period of several months to craft a collective bargaining agreement that benefits the entire school community.
The collective bargaining agreement, which was recommended by the School Board and the Budget Committee, focuses on the following priorities:
- Attracting and retaining quality teachers
- Ensuring high standards for all teachers
- Providing continuous training and development for all teachers
- Streamlining administrative procedures for greater efficiency
- Commitment to collaboration
- Managing healthcare costs